[Rezension] Paper Princess - Erin Watt

November 17, 2016

Infos.

Author: Erin Watt
13,99 € (Paperback)
4,49 € (Kindle Edition)
Pages: 370
Deutscher Titel: Paper Princess - Versuchung 
ISBN: 978-1682304563
ASIN: B01DT9ZWNI

From strip clubs and truck stops to southern coast mansions and prep schools, one girl tries to stay true to herself. 

These Royals will ruin you... 

Ella Harper is a survivor - a pragmatic optimist. She's spent her whole life moving from town to town with her flighty mother, struggling to make ends meet and believing that someday she'll climb out of the gutter. After her mother's death, Ella is truly alone. 
Until Callum Royal appears, plucking Ella out of poverty and tossing her into his posh mansion among his five sons who all hate her. Each Royal boy is more magnetic than the last, but none as captivating as Reed Royal, the boy who is determined to send her back to the slums she came from. 

Reed doesn't want her. He says she doesn't belong with the Royals. 

He might be right. 

Wealth. Excess. Deception. It's like nothing Ella has ever experienced, and if she's going to survive her time in the Royal palace, she'll need to learn to issue her own Royal decrees. 

My thoughts


Well... I just recently finished this book and I'm honestly not sure what to think about it. The cover and the title gave me the impression this book has fantasy elements in it and I just skimmed over the blurb, so I didn't really knew what "Paper Princess" was about. 
At first I was a little bit disappointed because I expected something totally different - okay, that was my own fault. I could've read the blurb after all. Nonetheless I thought this story was really dumb after reading the first few pages. Everything seemed just so over the top and unrealistic. I couldn't imagine something like that to happen in real life. But yet I kept reading and after another few chapters I realized that I was really enjoying this book. Don't get me wrong, I still think the plot is kind of dumb and unrealistic but especially because of that it was such a fun read for me. 

The characters are in my opinion nothing special, though I liked Ella. But all of the Royal boys (and honestly, this last name is just...stupid...) are pretty annoying and cliché in the beginning, though they also develop some depth - not much, but enough that I didn't hated them. We get a little background information about three of the brothers but I still know nearly nothing about the twins. I really hope the author reveals something more about those two in the next novel (which I can't wait to read - like I said, "Paper Princess" was surprisingly  entertaining to me). 
Like I already said, the boys were just a bunch of stereotypes. You find characters like Reed, Easton and Gideon in nearly every YA/NA novel that includes bad boys. They were pretty mean to Ella in the beginning which made it hard to understand what Ella liked about Reed later on. 

Like a lot of Contemporary books that are part of a series "Paper Princess" ends with a cliffhanger that actually came out of nowhere. I was a little bit shocked that this was the end of the book because I didn't expect it to end so sudden. In one moment everything seemed to be just fine and on the next page was written that I should get the next book if I want to know what happens next - and I want to know what happens next. Even though the plot was a little bit odd and reminded me of a modern fairytale but with bad boys and stripping I honestly enjoyed this book very much and would recommend it, if you are in the mood for some light contemporary romance. 


x Kathi

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare